December 14, 2021
7:00 PM BOE Regular Meeting
December 23, 2021
December 24, 2021
December 25, 2021
December 26, 2021
December 27, 2021
December 28, 2021
December 29, 2021
December 30, 2021
District Mission, Vision & Priorities
District Vision: To inspire
District Mission: To inspire a high level of learning for all students
District Priorities: Improve student learning, The whole child, Create opportunities for our students that incorporate 21st Century skills
Students who do not have a physical on file with the district will be receiving a pass in their homeroom class providing them with the date and time that they have been scheduled for an in school physical. Only students who are missing grade level required physicals and/or sports physicals will receive an appointment pass. In school physicals last only a few minutes and performed by the school nurse in the school clinic.
Any students who are considering playing a winter or a spring sport should have a physical completed at this time. Parents can send in a note with their child to take to the nurse’s office no later than Wednesday, October 20, 2021, that says that they would like their child to have a physical completed by our school Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Kowalski. The nurse will schedule then schedule the child/children to receive a in school physical.
- High School student physicals, grades 9-12, will take place on Thursday, October 21, 2021 from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Middle School student physicals, grades 5-8, will take place on Friday, October 22, 2021 from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
The district will also offer the opportunity for overflow physicals to be completed on Saturday, October 23, 2021 from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. in the High School Clinic. On Saturday, families should enter at the High School door number 39 which Is located directly next to the clinic.
If parents have had their children seen by their own private physician, a copy of that current physical must be sent in to school. All new students to the Cheektowaga CSD have 30 days, starting with registration, to provide a physical to the school district.
Questions can be directed to:
- Middle School Clinic (716) 686-3657
- High School Clinic (716) 686-3628
Union East Elementary School student physicals will be scheduled at a later date.
Our district will be participating in the Erie County Department of Health’s (ECDOH) Proximal and Surveillance Testing Program. Surveillance testing is not new to our district but the addition of testing, test collection and the addition of proximal testing - is new.
- Voluntary Surveillance Testing is part of a layered “mitigation strategy” designed to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This testing program will test approximately 10% of those for whom consent has been received weekly. Participation in this program is strongly encouraged and completely voluntary. It involves a self-collected oral swab which is done just inside of the person's cheek. This will be done with a healthcare professional, provided to the district by the Erie County Department of Health.
- Proximal Testing is also voluntary and is for those who are in the same airspace as an infected individual but is for those who are not considered to be a close contact. This type of contact is considered “proximal”. Proximal contacts are not subject to quarantine, unless they are symptomatic.
Fully vaccinated individuals can participate in both types of testing and we urge you to consider having your child or children participate in these programs. We are urging your participation in this voluntary program in an effort to continue in-person learning experiences, while ensuring the safety of students, faculty and staff by reducing the risks of COVID-19 disease transmission in the school setting.
Read more about the Cheektowaga Central School District COVID-19 Surveillance Testing Program.
Board of Education Meetings Go Back to Virtual: Effective immediately, the District's Board of Education meetings will once again be held virtually as a result of the continuing COVID-19 pandemic, and in accordance with Governor Hochul’s signed legislation (S.50001/A.40001) extending virtual public meetings under New York State's Open Meetings Law. The meetings can be viewed via live stream at www.cheektowagak12.org. All requirements of the statute will be followed.
Parents: If your child has received the COVID-19 vaccine, please notify the school nurse so the student's health record can be updated.
A Important Message from the School Nurse.
All new students and those entering grades Pre-K or Kindergarten and grades 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11 are mandated by NYS to have a physical. As of Feb. 1, 2021, all health exams performed for school must be documented on the NYS Health Examination Form. The form is the only document that will be accepted when your child has a physical exam.
A Community of Learning
To inspire a high level of learning for all students
Improve student learning
The whole child
Create opportunities for our students that incorporate 21st Century skills