Date to be determined.
All coaches must complete the following requirements to be able to coach in New York State:
- Fingerprinting clearance through NYS Education Department.
- Current First Aid NYSED approved certification (valid for 3 years). Check with Athletic Department on classes.
- Current CPR/AED NYSED approved (valid for 2 years). Check with Athletic Department on classes
- Child Abuse Reporting Seminar and SAVE Workshop
- Completed Temporary Coaches License - Done through NYS Teach
- Concussion Course (valid for 2 years) CDC Course - PE Teachers must take this course OR NFHS Concussion Course
- DASA - Dignity for All Students Act
- Mandatory Coaching Certification Courses
- NYSED - Classroom Workshops - Philosophy, Principles & Organization of Athletics in Education, Health Sciences Applied to Coaching, Theory & Techniques Part I and Part II (Lesson Plans) OR NFHS Courses (on line course work) - AIC Level 1 and CIC Level 2
NYSED CPR/AED & First Aid Classes for Coaches
Initial Classes - September 2nd, September 9th or September 16, 2020
Initial Course will be held at East Aurora High School from 4-9 p.m. Contact Matt Librock @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Recertification Classes - TBD
Recertification Courses will be held at Cheektowaga Central HS from 8-10 a.m. (CPR); 10-Noon (First Aid). First Aid begins immediately following the 1st session - arrive on campus by 9:45 a.m.
Cost: CPR - $20 CASH ONLY - Good for two years
First Aid - $20 CASH ONLY - Good for three years
If you are taking both classes $35 CASH ONLY
Location: Cheektowaga Central HS LGI Room - Enter through Door #2 by the main parking lot
Place: Cheektowaga Central HS Large Group Instruction Area - enter through Door #2 by the main parking lot
Contact Michelle Burgett @ email@example.com