All coaches must complete the following requirements to be able to coach in New York State:
- Fingerprinting clearance through NYS Education Department.
- Current First Aid NYSED approved certification (valid for 3 years). Check with Athletic Department on classes.
- Current CPR/AED NYSED approved (valid for 2 years). Check with Athletic Department on classes
- Child Abuse Reporting Seminar and SAVE Workshop
- Completed Temporary Coaches License - Done through NYS Teach
- Concussion Course (valid for 2 years) CDC Course - PE Teachers must take this course OR NFHS Concussion Course
- DASA - Dignity for All Students Act
- Mandatory Coaching Certification Courses
- NYSED - Classroom Workshops - Philosophy, Principles & Organization of Athletics in Education, Health Sciences Applied to Coaching, Theory & Techniques Part I and Part II (Lesson Plans) OR NFHS Courses (on line course work) - AIC Level 1 and CIC Level 2
NYSED CPR/AED & First Aid Classes for Coaches
NYSED FIRST AID & CPR/AED TRAINING FALL 2021 COURSE OFFERING
11/2/21 - Recertification
11/3/21 - Initial
11/9/21 - Recetification
11/10/21 - Initial
Please contact Matt Librock @ email@example.com to reigster and for futher details.
Classes are held at Parkdale Elementary School in East Aurora.
Recertification classes run from 4:30 - 7:30. Initial classes run from 4:30 - 9:00. Both First Aid and CPR/AED will be offered on each of the dates listed.
Must have taken and have proof of the NYSED Initial course to be eligible for a recertification course.
Addtional details porvided upon registration.