Coaches Meetings will be scheduled by program.
Here is the information for the ECIC Fall Coaches Meeting.
Varsity Cheer: 8/7/23 5:00 @ Orchard Park HS
B & G Cross Country: 8/17/23 5:00 @ East Aurora HS
Boys Soccer: 8/17/23 5:00 @ West Seneca West HS
Girls Soccer: 8/17/23 5:00 @ Amherst HS
Girls Swim: 8/17/23 5:00 @ Alden HS
Girls Tennis: 8/17/23 7:00 @ Amherst HS
Boys Volleyball: 8/17/23 5:00 @ TBD
Girls Volleyball: 8/17/23 5:00 @ Cheektowaga Central HS - LGI Room
All coaches must complete the following requirements to be able to coach in New York State:
- Fingerprinting clearance through NYS Education Department.
- Current First Aid NYSED approved certification (valid for 3 years). Check with Athletic Department on classes.
- Current CPR/AED NYSED approved (valid for 2 years). Check with Athletic Department on classes
- Child Abuse Reporting Seminar and SAVE Workshop
- Completed Temporary Coaches License - Done through NYS Teach
- Concussion Course (valid for 2 years) CDC Course - PE Teachers must take this course OR NFHS Concussion Course
- DASA - Dignity for All Students Act
- Mandatory Coaching Certification Courses
- NYSED - Classroom Workshops - Philosophy, Principles & Organization of Athletics in Education, Health Sciences Applied to Coaching, Theory & Techniques Part I and Part II (Lesson Plans) OR NFHS Courses (on line course work) - AIC Level 1 and CIC Level 2
NYSED CPR/AED & First Aid Classes for Coaches
NYSED FIRST AID & CPR/AED TRAINING WINTER 2023- 2024 COURSE OFFERING
11/1 - Initial Classes
11/2 - Recertification Classes
11/7 - Recertification Classes
11/8 - Initial Classes
Please contact Matt Librock @ email@example.com to register and for further details.
Classes are held at East Aurora Middle School (430 Main St) in East Aurora.
Recertification classes run from 4:00 - 7:30. Initial classes run from 4:00 - 9:30. Both First Aid and CPR/AED will be offered on each of the dates listed.
Must have taken and have proof of the NYSED Initial course to be eligible for a recertification course. Initial courses are offered to individuals who are seeking NYSED FA or CPR/AED certification for the first time. Initial fee is $35/cert, $70 for both. Recertification is $20/cert, $40 for both. Additional details are provided upon registration.