Working Papers Application

  • New York State requires minors (part-time applicants age 14-17, enrolled in school) to obtain a work permit before they can begin employment.

     To obtain a work permit, applicants must:  

    1. Fill out Part 1 Parental Consent on the application with applicant's name, age, address and parent/guardian signature. The application is a fillable PDF. Download it, complete Part 1, save it, print it. Download the Working Papers Application

    2. Provide a copy/picture of your birth certificate or state issued photo ID/driver's license for Part II.

    3. Provide documentation of your recent doctor's physical. This must be from a physical examination given within the last 12 months from a school or a private physician, physician's assistant, or nurse practitioner who is licensed to practice within NYS, unless your physical is up-to-date and on-file with our school nurse. 

    4. Email your application, ID, and physical to: work-permit processing.  Please be aware that processing the work permit may take a few days to complete. Call 686-3601 with any questions.

    If you need additional information about working papers, it can be found on the NYSED Student Support Services website.