Click the title for a look at the tributes
This past weekend Jayden DuBard and CJ Krzanowicz, were 2 of 1400 fortunate athletes that qualified to complete in the NY State Indoor Track & Field Championships. The competition was held at the Ocean Breeze Sports Complex in Staten Island, NY. Here are their results:
• Jayden DuBard - competed in the shot put and the weight throw – where he did exceptionally well – he placed 2nd in the state in both – he threw the shot 55’ 11.5” and he launched the weight 71’ 2.5” – in which he broke his own school record – and also broke the Section 6 record in the event.
• CJ Krzanowicz – competed in the LJ – where he jumped 21’ 3” and placed 13th out of 33 competitors in the event.
They will both be heading to NYC this coming weekend – to compete in the Indoor Nationals Track and Field Meet in the same events above. They had to hit specific standards in order to have qualified for their respective events. This meet will be held at the famous Armory Track and Field Complex in Manhattan. CJ will be competing on Friday in the LJ while Jayden will be competing on Saturday in the Shot and Sunday in the weight throw. Wish them congrats and good luck as they make our Warrior family proud.
This past weekend was the State qualifier meet down at Houghton College where the Cheektowaga Warriors send down a squad to do work – which they did on many levels for the day, including 2 athletes heading to the State meet in Staten Island in 2 weeks. Jayden DuBard was crowned the Sectional Champ in the Weight throw – 61’ 4.5” and the Shot – 56’ 9.75”and will be competing in both events and CJ Krzanowicz took 2nd in the LJ – 21’ 11” and will also be heading to Staten Island. There were many other great moments – here are some of them:
• The 4 x 400 Relay – of Brooklyn Lawrence, Ally Alvira, Tiffany Nguyen, and Emily Bui broke the school record with a time of 4:23.96 and finished in 6th place overall.
• The 4 x 800 Relay – of Jade Rinaldo, Bella Nguyen, Tiffany Nguyen, and Jocelyn Tracy also broke the school record with a time of 10:54.8
• Katrina Chandler – broke her own school record in the Weight throw – 39’ 8.25” and finished in 5th place overall
• Ally Alvira – finished in 4th place in the TJ with a leap of 36’ 7” – hitting her best mark of the season, but fell short of heading to states by ¼”.
• Natalie Ruhlmann – had her best time of the season in the 55 Hurdles – 9.91
• CJ Krzanowicz – besides heading to the state meet in the LJ – he also finished 3rd 4th in the 55 Hurdles with his best time of the season – 8.16
• Isaiah Harris – made it to finals in the 55 M dash with a time of 6.84 and finished in 6th place - he also placed 5th in the LJ – 20’ 3.5”
• The 4 x 200 Relay – of CJ Krzanowicz, Isaiah Harris, Kendrick Hampton, and Imani Reed – too 3rd overall in the meet posting their fastest time of the season of 1:35.8
• The 4 x 800 Relay – of Amir Numan-Ali, Darren Madden, Adam Tran, and Christian Huynh – all had PR’s in their leg of the race and posted their best time of the season- 10:09.6
The season is now over for the Indoor season except for Jayden and CJ – as they have 3 weeks to prepare for the NYS Track & Field meet in Staten Island NY o
The Varsity boys hosted Maryvale on Thursday and got off to a quick start and hung on late for a 57 to 54 league win to collect their tenth win of the season. Freshman Malachi Parker made his varsity debut in fine fashion has he led the Warriors in scoring with 15 points making 5 three pointers. Jesse Hawkins had 12 points, Kydale Staten had 11 points and 6 rebounds, Nevada Eldridge had 9 points and 7 rebounds and Keonte Brown had 7 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 steals. Next up the Warriors travel to Canisius College to face league foe Depew @1:30 pm on Monday in a President's Day matchup, come down and support your Warriors.
JV boys continued their solid play Thursday night as they defeated visiting Maryvale 66 to 42 to improve their record to 13-6 with one game remaining. Jakaye Rainey led all scorers with 20 points while Rico Evans has 9 points, Aiden Riley had 8 points and Eric Bailey finished with 7 points. The boys host East Aurora next Wednesday @5pm in their season finale.