Student Arrival and DepartureIf you have any questions about transportation please call the office, 686-3612.Procedures are in place for all parents to follow if (driving) dropping off and/or picking up a child before, during, and after the school day and are necessary to ensure the safety of all students.
Changes to Pick Ups: In order to maintain the safety of all of our students, no changes to student pick-up will be accepted after 2 p.m. We ask that you send in a note with your child indicating any changes to the normal pick-up routine. Any changes to your child’s pick up can be sent by email to email@example.com. An email is preferred.
Visitors: All parents and visitors must have prior apporoval before allowed in the building. You are asked to enter the school building through the main entrance. No parents or visitors will be allowed to visit any classrooms without prior arrangements with your child’s teacher.
AM Drop Off: Staring at 8:45
- Please drive students to the front of the building (main entrance)
- Temperatures will be checked by a staff member before a child exits the vehicle.
PM Dismissal: 3:15
- When parents/guardians enter the campus, a staff member will record the name of the student(s) and their grade level(s).
- Students will be brought out to vehicles for pick-up. Please do not exit your vehicle.
- Union East staff will be posted outside to direct cars for an efficient dismissal pick-up.
- Any changes to normal dismissal routine are required by 2 pm to the office - 686-3620.
NO PARKING in Designated Drop Off Location - or by any curb surrounding the building.
- Cars should form a single line in the drive thru lane.
- Parents should not get out of the car.
- Staff members will be present at designated drop off location assisting students getting in and out of cars and to ensure students safe entrance into the school.
- When arriving, do not block the buses from entering or leaving.
- Promptly drive away once your child is out of the car. Do not stand waiting for your child to enter the building.
- Students are not allowed to enter the school via bus doors unless they are getting off of a bus.
If you arrive after 8:55 a.m. and a staff member is not present at drop off area, you must park in a designated parking location and walk your child into the main entrance of the building and sign him/her in.