District App FAQ
- How do I find the Cheektowaga Central SD Mobile App?
The mobile app can be found in the Google Play store or the Apple iTunes App Store by searching Cheektowaga Central SD.
- Will the mobile app work on my phone?
The mobile app is available in the Google Play Store and the Apple iTunes App Store, and will work on both Android and Apple iOS devices.
- How do I sign into the Cheektowaga Central SD mobile app?
- Parents who already have an email address on file with Cheektowaga Central can simply sign in on the mobile app using that account information. If you do not have an account or an email address on file with Cheektowaga Central, you can register to create a free account via the login account registration form. Click here to request a login.
- By having an account, you can enable settings that allow you to customize your app, so that you can follow your child’s/children’s school(s).
- How do I sign-in if I have forgotten my username and/or password?
- Your username is the email address you have on file with Cheektowaga Central SD. Parents who already have an email address on file with Cheektowaga Central can simply sign in on the mobile app using that account information. If you do not have an account or an email address on file with Cheektowaga Central, you can register to create a free account via the login account registration form.
- If you have forgotten your password, you can select the "Forgot Password"button and the password will be emailed to you.
- Should I allow the mobile app to send me notifications?
Yes, by allowing the app to send notifications to your phone, you will receive alert messages on your phone from the school district. The messages will be used to alert the public of any important messages from the school or school system. We suggest following the district, parents need only follow schools their child/children attend as well.
- How much data will this app use?
Cheektowaga Central SD can not project the data requirements for the app. Data requirements will vary based on usage: both on what the district posts (images, videos, frequency of updates) and the amount of interaction the end user has with it. It is suggested that users adjust data usage for the mobile app in their settings, if desired.
- Can I turn off notifications?
Yes, by going into your phone's mobile app settings, you should be able to adjust the notifications that you receive from the app. Cheektowaga Central SD recommends parents not turn of notifications, push notifications will be sent to parents regarding important events and activities throughout the school year.
- Can I follow the activities of my child’s/children’s school(s)?
Yes, you can choose to follow specific schools within the school system. This will allow you to stay up-to-date with events and activities at each school.
- How do I adjust the schools that I follow on my mobile app?
By selecting the “Settings” button on the mobile app, you can adjust the schools and school’s social media accounts that you follow in the "Follow Schools" section. You will use the toggle buttons to turn on and off the schools and school’s social media accounts of your choice.