The Cheektowaga Central School District has begun preparing for the 2023-24 budget and trustee election which will be held on Tuesday, May 16, 2023, and is seeking district residents to serve as poll workers for this vote. You are eligible to serve as a poll worker if you are a qualified voter and a resident of the Cheektowaga Central School District. District employees, school board members, relatives of board members or candidates are not prohibited from serving as election workers.
The hours are from 11 a.m. through the determination of the final results (typically 9:30 p.m.). In this paid ($15/hr) role you will be responsible for:
- Preparing the polling place for voting
- Setting up the voting equipment
- Processing the voters
- Demonstrating voting procedures to the voters
- Assisting voter if requested
- Closing the polling place
- Compiling and reporting the results
Note: Training will be provided
If you are interested in assisting the district as an election worker, please contact Laurie Ferry, community engagement specialist, at (716) 686-3618.