Full-Day Universal Prekindergarten
The Cheektowaga Central School District is proud to offer its Universal Pre-Kindergarten Program which will provide your child with a literacy-rich curriculum aligned with the New York State Standards and offer high quality learning experiences that set the foundation for educational success. Students are selected by lottery to participate in the District's Universal Pre-Kindergarten Program. Based on anticipated state funding, the district is accepting applications for the 2023-2024 UPK program.
Requirements, Timeline, Apply
- Your child is required to be a Cheektowaga Central resident.
- For the three-year old UPK program, your child must be three years old on or before December 1, 2023.
- For the four-year old UPK program, your child must be four years old on or before December 1, 2023.
- Children who are enrolled must meet NYS health and immunization requirements.
- A commitment is required to the full program, which is 6.5 hours per day, 5 days per week for the duration of the program.
- Parents are responsible for transporting their child to and from the program.
- March 1st - May 5th - The registration/application process for the 23-24 program must be completed in order to participate in the lottery draw.
- Thursday, May 18th - Lottery Draw at 10 am. Families can view the lottery at Union East Elementary. Lottery results will be shared via email.
Complete the Online Registration Process:
- UPK Registration begins March 1st and must be completed by May 5th to be eligible for the UPK Lottery Draw. UPK Registrations after the Lottery Draw will be ongoing. Once the program is filled, registered students will be added to the UPK Program Waitlist.
- Once the registration is complete, families will receive a link to complete the 23-24 UPK Lottery Application. Families will be notified either by phone or email of their Application Lottery Number. For questions regarding the lottery, please contact Audra Cyrulik at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-686-3621.
How to Register:
- To register your child please visit www.cheektowagak12.org. Click on the "Registration" icon. Please be sure to review the documentation that is required for registration. The registration process is not complete until all documentation is submitted. Please note that your child will not be included in the lottery until registration is complete.
- On the registration page please click on "Begin Online Registration Here" to start and then once you are on the portal page click "Online Registration." This will bring you to the five pages you need to complete. Once your application has been submitted you will receive an email from our District Registrar when your application has been reviewed.
For more information or questions regarding the registration process please contact Sherri Weinholtz, District Registrar, at 716-686-3665 or by email at email@example.com.
- The UPK lottery will be held May 18th and families will have the opportunity to view the lottery at Union East Elementary. Additional details will be posted on the website homepage. Either by phone or email, families will be notified of the lottery results.
Registration/application to the UPK 23-24 Program is ongoing. Once the program is filled, all applicants will be added to the program waitlist throughout the remainder of the 23-24 school year.
For questions regarding the lottery draw, please contact Audra Cyrulik at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 716-686-3621.
Contact & Locations
UPK Program Administrator
Director of Learning
Email Audra Cyrulik
Union East Elementary
3550 Union Road
Little Angels Day Care Center
2645 Harlem Road
Watch Me Grow Daycare Center
2550 Union Road
Who is eligible for UPK?
Who administers the UPK Program?
What are the locations and hours of operation?
Will I be guaranteed a spot for my child?
How will I be notified that my child was selected for the program?
Do I get to pick the site I want for my child?
Is transportation provided for my child?