• Central Registration Office

    3600 Union Road, Cheektowaga, New York 14225

    (716) 686-3665

    Registration Hours:  8 a.m.  - 3 p.m. 

    District Registrar Sherri Weinholtz, Email

    We are looking forward to working with you as new members of the Cheektowaga school community!  The Board of Education, administration, teachers and support staff are all committed to providing your student(s) with a high quality educational program in safe and secure schools.  

    The required documentation is found in the registration packet.  After you have completed all forms and collected the required documentation, call our Central Registration office at 686-3665 to schedule an appointment. ALL registrations are done BY APPOINTMENT ONLY at our Central Registration Office.  At the time of your appointment, our staff will review and verify all information and complete the registration process. If you are unable to complete the forms, supply all the required documentation, or have any questions, please contact our Central Registration office to discuss your circumstances prior to making an appointment.


    Check List of Required Materials and Documents To Bring To Your Registration Appointment

    Picture I.D. for identification purposes (e.g. Driver’s License, Employee ID)

    Proof of Residency:
    Two (2) forms required
    • A copy of a residential lease or proof of ownership of a house or condominium, such as a deed or mortgage statement.
    • Statement by a third-party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent or person in parental relation leases or with whom they share property within the District, which may be either sworn or unsworn.
    • Such other statement by a third party establishing the parent’s or person in parental relation’s physical presence in the District.
    If such information is not available, the District shall consider other forms of documentation and/or information, including but not limited to:
    • Pay Stub
    • Income tax form
    • Utility or other bills
    • Membership documents based upon residency [e.g. Cheektowaga Youth & Recreation Card]
    • Voter registration document
    • Official driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver identification
    • Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g, local social service agency, federal Office ofRefugee Resettlement); or
    • Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers

    Proof of Age:
    • Certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism
    • Passport (if no certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism)

    If no certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism or passport, the school district may consider other documentation in existence two years or more:
    • Official driver’s license;
    • State or other government issued identification;
    • School photo identification with date of birth;
    • Consulate identification card
    • Hospital or health records
    • Military dependent identification card;
    • Documents issued by federal, state or local agencies (e.g., local social service agency, federal Office of Refugee Resettlement);
    • Court orders or other court-issued documents;
    • Native American tribal document; or
    • Records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies

    Health Records (NYS Health Examination Form & Proof of immunization)

    School Records (if your child has already attended school)
      a. Official transcripts or other school records of previous school(s) attended

      b.  Most recent report card 

      c.  Most recent Individual Education Plan (IEP) if your child has been receiving Special Education Services

    Foster Placement Children: DS#2999 Form Required

    o   Evidence of Parental Status (Custody papers in the form of a court order of custody are acceptable) Registrant must be able to demonstrate they are the person in parental relation to the child, over whom they have total and permanent custody and control; a Custodial Affidavit can be submitted by the person with whom the student is claimed to reside within the district.
    o Student Registration Form [one for each student seeking enrollment]


    Effective January 31, 2015 Cheektowaga Central School District has amended enrollment materials to be in compliance with recent New York State Commissioner of Education Regulations from December, 2014 and to be in compliance with the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution confirmed by the United States Supreme Court’s Ruling in Plyler v. Doe, (1982).

    These amendments result in the following changes:

    • Prohibiting inquiries into immigration status at the time of enrollment;
    • Permitting acceptance of multiple forms of proof of age;
    • Permitting acceptance of multiple forms of residency;
    • Should the school district deny enrollment of a student, the District will do so in accordance with §100.2(y) of the Commissioner’s Regulations as amended December 16, 2014 and provide written notice to the parent/guardian;

    Complaints concerning enrollment and registration can be submitted by mail to The Office of the Attorney General, 120 Broadway - 23rd Floor. New York, NY 10271, by phone to (212) 416-8250, or by email to civil.rights@ag.ny.gov.